Sellar Bone & Partners complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information “Personal Information” is any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers. Customer Testimonials and Comments We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information.
We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial. Log Files When you view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software.
This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses.
This information is used by Sellar Bone & Partners to provide general statistics regarding use of the Websites.
For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number. Information we collect from third parties We may use third party services such as Marketing Automation Platform tracking code and Google Analytics and publicly available sources such as social media websites to collect, monitor and analyse the data.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
• you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use our services
• third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
• to verify your identity and address
• to provide our services to you
• to market our services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
• to improve the services we provide to you
• to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
• to bill you and to collect money that you owe us
• to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
• any business that supports our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services 3
• a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
• a debt collection agency for the purpose of collecting money you owe us
• other third parties (for anonymised statistical information only)
• a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
• any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
• any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All Personal Information is protected from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction, update or deletion of your personal information.
You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction. If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we take reasonable steps to to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Social Media Features Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our sites. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Websites.
External Websites Our Websites may provide links to other websites. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the content or practices of these other websites.
Our provision of such links does not constitute our endorsement of these other websites, their content, their owners, or their practices.
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at email@example.com.